Photo Source: Vegangela
Coconut Curry Lentil Soup
Each 16 oz Serving Contains:
- 6 oz serving of veggies*
- 1 protein serving (6 oz lentils)*
- 1 fat serving (2 oz coconut milk)*
- 2 oz condiments
This recipe is brought to you by the wonderful vegan food blogger Vegangela. You can find the original recipe here. This soup is so warming and lovely in these dreary, cold winter months! It’s super easy to make and freezer-friendly. I have adapted the amounts very slightly for Bright Line eaters below.
- 1 large onion
- 28oz can diced tomatoes
- Handful of greens (optional)
- Red Lentils (14oz dry)
Condiments & Spices
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk (regular fat)
Grain (Maintenance Plan Only)*
- Serve with a side of rice
*These measurements comply with the Bright Line Eating female weight loss food plan. Adjust quantities as needed for your own individual food plan.
- Grain Additions: Serve over rice or your favorite grain.
- Protein Additions: Increase the amount of lentils or top with yogurt.
- Fat Additions: Increase the amount of coconut milk.
- In a large pot, steam-sauté the onion, garlic and ginger over medium heat, covered with a lid for a few minutes until softened.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Simmer on low heat for 20-30 minutes, until the lentils are cooked and tender.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro. Salt and pepper to taste.