Each Serving Contains:
- 1 Veggie Serving (adjust quantity to your individual food plan)
- 1 Protein
- 1 Fat
- 1 Fruit
- Bell Peppers
- 6 oz cooked beans or canned beans
- 1 serving of Quick & Easy Guacamole
- 6 oz mango and/or pineapple
- Cumin, Garlic, Chili Powder
- Lime & Cilantro
*These measurements comply with the Bright Line Eating female weight loss food plan. Adjust quantities as needed for your own individual food plan.
- Grain Additions: Add 4 oz cooked rice or 1 oz Ezekiel tortilla.
- Protein Additions: Increase amount of beans or add some nuts on the side.
- Fat Additions: Increase amount of avocado or guacamole, or sauté the veggies in oil rather than steam-sautéing them.
- If rice is on your food plan for this meal, start cooking the rice.
- Slice the peppers and onions into thin strips, fajita style.
- In a pan with a lid, cook the peppers and onions on medium heat, covered with a lid, until soft. (No oil is needed when cooking with this method, keep the veggies covered, and stir occasionally)
- Weigh out your veggie portion, and add chopped lettuce to reach desired amount.
- Weigh your protein serving of plain cooked beans and add to a small pot.
- Add a splash of water to help them cook down, add a squeeze of lime, a spoonful of salsa, garlic, cumin, and chili powder to taste. Simmer and stir on low, covered, until warm and slightly mashed.
- To make the Guacamole: Weigh out 1 fat serving of avocado. Mash with a fork and add a spoonful of salsa, a generous squeeze of lime juice, half a clove of minced garlic, salt, and chopped cilantro.
- Slice and weigh the mango and/or pineapple.
- If grains are in your food plan, steam the tortilla or weigh out the cooked rice.
- Assemble everything together on a plate. Garnish with cilantro and more salsa if desired. Enjoy!