This is one of those meals where you can’t believe the volume of food you are supposed to (or allowed to) eat, because it takes a giant bowl to accommodate all those fresh fruits, legumes, and veggies. So colorful, nourishing, flavorful, and perfect. Simply toss everything together and enjoy!
Bean & Corn Salad
Each Serving Contains:
- 1 Veggie Serving (adjust quantity to your individual food plan)
- 1 Protein
- 1 Fat
- 1 Fruit
This is a great salad to make in a large quantity, or take to a potluck. If you do this, you can add up the amounts to figure out what one serving weighs. For example, for lunch, a serving would be 6 oz veggies + 6 oz fruit + 6 oz beans + 2 oz avocado = 20 oz serving.
- Use any of the following diced veggies to reach your veggie amount.
- Red onion
- Red peppers
- Fresh or frozen, thawed corn
- Salad greens (optional)
- 6 oz of black beans or 4 oz shelled edamame (canned and/or frozen is fine)
- (Another option is to split your protein into 3 oz beans/2oz edamame and 2 oz of cooked quinoa)
- You could just add 2 oz plain avocado (pictured) or you could use the avocado to make Avocado, Lime & Cilantro Dressing, see recipe below:
- 2 oz avocado
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 of a lime, juiced (or a whole lime, depending on your taste preference)
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- Pinch of salt
- Water to thin to desired consistency
- 6 oz fresh diced mango and/or pineapple
- Tons of chopped cilantro (I believe there is no such thing as too much cilantro)
- 1/2 to 1 lime, juiced (to taste)
- Salt to taste
*These measurements comply with the Bright Line Eating female weight loss food plan. Adjust quantities as needed for your own individual food plan.
- Grain Additions: 4 oz cooked rice or quinoa
- Protein Additions: Increase beans, or quinoa
- Fat Additions: Avocado, guacamole, or olive oil