This is a nice Sunday treat, and a savory change from my BLE oatmeal. Variations could include asparagus, normal potatoes, squash and any other combination of roots and veggies that you could dream up.
Poached Eggs, Greens, & Sweet Potatoes
Each Serving Contains:
- 6 oz veggies (replaces fruit)
- 1 Protein
- 1 Grain
- Kale or any other crunchy mix (I love Trader Joe’s cruciferous crunch mix)
- Brussels sprouts, quartered lengthwise
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 medium sweet potatoes
- Salt, pepper, paprika
*These measurements comply with the Bright Line Eating female weight loss food plan. Adjust quantities as needed for your own individual food plan.
- Grain Additions: Increase sweet potatoes to 6 oz.
- Protein Additions: Add a side of beans or plant-based cheese.
- Fat Additions: Add oil or a side of avocado.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dice sweet potatoes and roast for about 25 minutes in a cast iron pan with a light spray of oil (optional), salt and pepper, and any desired seasonings (sometimes I use curry powder, garlic powder, or Italian herbs)
- When the sweet potatoes are done, throw a handful of brussels sprouts into a hot skillet and cover with a lid, steaming for a few minutes.
- For the eggs, bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Turn heat down to a simmer, stir the water to get a circular current going, and crack 2 eggs into it. Set a timer or watch a clock for 3 minutes.
- In the veggie pan, remove lid, spray lightly with oil (optional) and add greens. Stir fry for a few minutes, until browned and softened.
- Remove eggs with a slotted spoon.
- Weigh sweet potatoes and veggies, save any leftovers for tomorrow’s breakfast!
- Garnish with salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and any other desired toppings (cilantro, parsley, salsa, etc)