This vinaigrette is light, tangy and bright. It is excellent on fresh salads and great for massaging into heartier greens like kale.
Lemon Herb Vinaigrette
Each 1.5 oz Serving Contains:
- 1 Fat*
- 1 tablespoon (0.5 oz) olive oil (1 fat serving)
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried herbs (oregano, basil, rosemary, or thyme)
- 1 tablespoon (0.5 oz) fresh lemon juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
*These measurements comply with the Bright Line Eating female weight loss food plan. Adjust quantities as needed for your own individual food plan.
- Mix all ingredients except the oil, and drizzle the oil into the dressing slowly in a thin stream while whisking with a fork.
- Alternatively, put into a small jar and shake vigorously until emulsified, or blend in a small blender cup.
- Tinker with the flavor by adding any of the ingredients besides the oil. (The oil contains the fat serving, the rest are freebies)
- This recipe is given for a single serving because I whip this up right at mealtime, but it can easily be made ahead in larger batches.
- This recipe makes 1 fat serving, but I will sometimes use half of this recipe to split my fat serving and have nuts or avocado as the rest.