In my food journal, I’ve been affectionally calling this simple and delicious breakfast “peanut butter swirl.” It is so yummy I figured it was time to share it with you all. I find that peanut butter by itself in oats is too sticky. Mixing it with the yogurt balances the flavor and texture perfectly.
A word of caution with nut butters, they can be triggering or binge-y for some people. As always, know yourself and use your own judgement.
Peanut Butter Swirl
Each Serving Contains:
- 1 Protein
- 1 Grain
- 1 Fruit
- 4 oz yogurt or plant-based milk of choice
- 1 oz nut butter
- 4 oz cooked oats (whatever style of oats you like best, I use warm steel-cut oats)
- 1 apple or 1 banana (or a mixture of both, for a total of 6 oz)
*These measurements comply with the Bright Line Eating female weight loss food plan. Adjust quantities as needed for your own individual food plan.
- Grain Additions: Increase oats.
- Protein Additions: Increase nut butter or yogurt, or add nuts sprinkled on top.
- Fat Additions: Increase nut butter.
- Cook your oats with water and cinnamon according to your preference.
- Optional: add in apples while cooking to soften, or just have crispy raw apples. Both are delicious. Bananas are yummy too.
- Add to serving bowl, stir in nut butter and yogurt.