This is one of my favorite easy weeknight meals in my rotation. It is super flavorful and simple and is a great crowd pleaser (or good for batch cooking) if you make it in larger quantities.
Eggplant w/ Chili Garlic Sauce
Each Serving Contains:
- 10 oz Veggies (adjust quantities up or down to your individual food plan)
- 1 Protein
- 1 Fat
- 1 medium eggplant, cubed or cut into strips
- About 10 oz raw sliced bell peppers & onions
- Protein: (amount is given per serving)
- 3 oz shelled edamame or baked tofu (3/4 protein serving)
- 0.5 oz peanuts (1/4 protein serving)
- 1 oz (or 2 tablespoons) dark sesame oil (2 fat servings)
- Chili Garlic Sauce
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely minced or grated
- 1/4 tsp garlic chili paste (or just chili paste), more to desired heat level
- 2 teaspoons ginger, finely minced or grated
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar (not seasoned rice vinegar, this has sugar!)
- 1 tablespoon black vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped (optional garnish)
- Thai basil, chopped (optional garnish)
*These measurements comply with the Bright Line Eating female weight loss food plan. Adjust quantities as needed for your own individual food plan.
- Grain Additions: Add a side of rice, quinoa, or your favorite grain.
- Protein Additions: Increase any of the protein choices above.
- Fat Additions: Add peanuts, or increase the amount of oil.
- If making grain, start cooking according to package directions.
- In a non-stick skillet, combine the veggies, sesame oil, and sauce ingredients and cover with a lid.
- Simmer, covered, on medium-low heat for about 20-30 minutes, until softened and sufficiently cooked. Stir occasionally.
- Weigh the stir fry mixture to your allotted veggie portion.
- Weigh your protein and serve (adding grain if on maintenance).